Ice MeltErg Indoor Rowing Challenge and Wellness Fair
On Saturday, April 21, 2018, The Royal St. John’s Regatta, in partnership with the Canadian Forces Station St. John’s and the St. John’s Rowing Club will be holding the #IceMeltErg Indoor Rowing Challenge. While this type of event has been around for years in other areas, it is the first of its kind in the province of Newfoundland Labrador.
Open to all ages and levels of experience, rowers are invited to participate using an ergometer. The ergometers are hooked up to state-of-art software which makes the rower feel as if they are racing against the other participants. Even if you do not have experience rowing on the water, we encourage you to participant.
Please join us on April 21, 2018 at the Paul Reynolds Community Centre as we hold this exciting event.
Please sign your waiver and send it to [email protected] OR, bring it with you on event day. You WILL NOT be permitted to row, if you have not submitted a waiver.
Registration opens on Friday, March 23 and will close on Tuesday, April 17.
Please visit our registration page to submit your registration and pay the early-bird fee.
9:00 a.m. Check in/late registration begins (Please bring proof of age identification)
*You should register at least 60 minutes before your E 9:00 a.m.- Noon Weigh-ins for lightweight participants
10:00 a.m. Racing Begin
1:00 p.m. Registration ends
3:00 pm (approx.) Event ends
- Registration deadline is April 17, 2018.
- Entry fee is $20 per athlete with registration prior to the registration
- Registration will be accepted on Event Day, only if sufficient space is available in your A late registration fee of $25 will be charged. Late registrants will be entered into events on a first come first serve basis.
- All entries must be submitted using the registration form.
- Payment can be made by cash or check at the boathouse or via email transfer to [email protected]. Payment can also be made on event day, however the cost will be $25.
- All competitors must complete a waiver which is to be included with payment.
- Scratches received after April 17, 2017 at midnight will forfeit entry fees without a suitable medical
- Rules and Event Details
- Waiver (please ensure you fill out and sign it)
- Registration desk will be in the main lobby. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Provide your name and proof of age identification. If registering on the day of the event, the cost is $25.
- You should register at least 60 minutes before your event at which point you will be given your lane.
- If you are rowing in a lightweight category – go to the Weigh-in Station, step on weigh scales and get
- Stretch and warm up prior to racing on the Concept 2 warm up
- 5 minutes prior to your race you will be called to stand behind your assigned When your lane is free, you may sit on the erg and continue your warm-up.
- Listen to any instructions from the starter or lane Competitors may use the damper setting of their own choice
- Do not touch the monitor on the rowing machine for any Ask the Lane Official to make any adjustments you need
- Race Start Procedures: At the start of the countdown – all participants should be sitting still and the flywheels not The computer can detect the movement and will wait until all flywheels are stopped.
- If the electronic countdown is not available the start will be a verbal command from an “Sit-Up, Ready,… Row.’’
- If someone begins before the ‘ROW’ command, the system will alert a “False Start” and the participant will be identified by lane In the first instance the participant will be given a warning. In the event of two “False Starts” by the same participant, that participant may be disqualified.
- If for some reason there is equipment breakdown or a signal connection failure identified in the first 250m of the race, the race will be stopped, the equipment repaired and the race will be restarted from the If equipment breaks after the 250m mark, the race will not be stopped.
- If you require medical attention at any point – please contact a race There are first aid services on-site.
- Each rower is permitted a coach which can accompany them to the race area during their event.
- Participants are to remain on the erg until all participants have finished racing unless directed so by an official or for medical
- They may not touch the monitors until their results have been recorded by an official
- There will be no wearing of electronic equipment such as MP3 or CD players.
- Spectators are welcome to sit on the bleachers but must remain outside of the race area.
- Only Officials and participants will be allowed in the race
Remember, if you’re attending the event to tweet using the #IceMeltErg hashtag – see you there!